Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Spring color picks!

I am very excited for the spring 2011 color trends! It just so happens that the pastel portions of my color picks are also 3 of my very favorite colors. You can tell because I based my blog theme on them. So after a bit of research I present you with my top color picks for Spring 2011. These colors are not necessarily meant to be paired together but some do look great paired up! The three that I really think will make big statements in home and in fashion are Aqua dreams and any variety of the melon shade. The dark teal is especially popular in interiors as a paint color. I love it paired with natural materials and textures. Grey is also a huge natural right now particularly in interiors. Pair any of these colors with a warm grey and you will have a winning combo!


Here are some beautiful and inspiring interiors in my color picks!




And some fashion.


Do these colors seem a little too much for you? Spring brings out the brights in anticipation for summer. If you are feeling like these colors are too  bold for your taste don't worry. You can try mixing and matching with neutrals which are so unbelievably popular right now! Pale pinks, taupes, creams, everything that reminds us of a faded picture or something that has been antiqued and from Grandmas attic is what is in. I have created an alternate color palette that is just as big as the brights I just showed you. It is great because you can cater to your own tastes and still be fashionable. So I will leave you with these inspiring hues.


Interiors




Fashion








Images: Lulus, Style at home, other unknown sources

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such gorgeous combinations! Love the first room photo! That aqua blue is beautiful! You really have talent Haylie!

Love, Megan